Based on the true story of a Turkish veteran of the Korean War, “Ayla” follows its characters against the background of the war in 1950 and revisits them in this century.
The film tells the story of a soldier who risks his own life to save a young girl he finds half-frozen and on the verge of death, smuggling her into his army base.
Despite being unable to communicate with each other, the two form a strong bond. When the war ends and the soldier must return home, he cannot bear to abandon the girl but is forced to hand her over to an orphanage, hoping one day to be reunited with her.
The pair were finally reunited 60 years later. “Ayla” has been selected as Turkey’s official candidate for the best foreign-language film for the 2017 Academy Awards.
- All Music is composed and arranged by /Tum besteler ve aranjeler - FAHIR ATAKOGLU
- All music (compositions and arrangements) is published by Fahir Atakoglu Publishing/ FAR&HERE LLC
- Executive Producer : DijitalSanatlar
- MUSICIANS Turkiye
- Piano :Fahir Atakoglu Cello : Ozer Arkun Bass Clarinet/ Bass Klarinet : Goksun Cavdar Ud / Ebow : Fatih Ahiskali Violin -Keman : Ayda Tunc
- Studio : Erekli&Tunc
- Recorded , Mixed and Mastered by /Kayit, mix ve Master : Caglar Yilmazkul
- Prague Film Orchestra
- Conductor: George Korynta
- Orchestra Director: Zdeňka Koryntová
- Orchestra Production Manager: Martin Vinš Music
- Directors: Radim Linhart, Tibor Engler, Martin Vinš, Zdeňka Koryntová
- Recording Studio Engineer: Oldřich Slezák ProTools Operator: Ivan Zbíral
- Recorded at Dvořák Hall, Rudolfinum, Prague.